SWF is an Adobe Flash file format used for multimedia, vector graphics and ActionScript. While MKV is a container format that holds an unlimited number of video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks in one file. Sometimes you may get into the need to convert your SWF files to MKV videos:
- To play SWF files on MOV-friendly devices like Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Sony, Motorola phones and tablets;
- To play SWF videos on media players like ALLPlayer, DivxPlayer for Mac, Media Player Classic, PowerDVD, VLC Media Player, etc which support MKV well;
- To play SWF files on media center like Boxee, MediaPortal, MythTV, Plex, PS3 Media Server, SegeTV Media Center, XBMC, etc.
How to Convert SWF to MKV?
To convert SWF to MKV, AST SWF to MKV Converter here is highly recommended. By using it, you can convert SWF to MKV with ultra-fast speed and excellent quality. SWF Video Converter and SWF Video Converter for Mac are developed for both Windows and Mac users.
How to Convert SWF to MKV on Mac OS
Here we use the Mac version to describe how to convert SWF files to MKV videos on Mac OS X. If you need to do the conversion on Windows 8, please get the Windows version.
- Add SWF Files. Download, install and run AST SWF to MKV Converter for Mac. Click “Source” to import target SWF file you want to convert to MKV video.
- Choose Output Format. From the drop-down list beside “Codec”, select MKV as output format and change the output video settings like resolution, frame rate, etc.
- Convert SWF to MKV on Mac. Click “Capture”, the Record window pops up. Then click “Start” to start converting your SWF files to MKV videos on Mac OS X.
Learn More about AST SWF to MKV Converter
More than converting SWF to MKV, this SWF Video Converter supports converting SWF to a wide range of common video formats, such as, SWF to AVI, SWF to MOV, SWF to MP4, SWF to FLV, etc. Furthermore, this software allows you to trim or crop the imported SWF video.
More Topics You May Interested In:
How to Convert SWF to WebM
How to Import SWF to Adobe Premiere Pro